Step 1: Activate GPS3G
- Plug the small round end of the Power Cord into the Power Port located in the back of the cradle Charger. Plug the large end of the Power Cord into a standard wall outlet.
- Place GPS3G into the Charger. While charging, the Cellular and Battery Indicators will be on and show your current cellular signal strength and level of battery charge.
- GPS3G will automatically turn on when placed in the Charger and will play a short start up tone, followed by a message indicating it is ready for its first use: "We are activating your personal mobile responder. We will notify you when activation is complete." GPS3G will automatically receive any system updates and, once activated on the cellular network, will say: "Activation is now complete. We are resetting your personal mobile responder so it is ready for your use. One moment please." Allow up to a minute for GPS3G to restart.
- GPS3G will then play a message: "This personal mobile responder will notify your response team when it detects a fall. With one touch of the call button your response team will be available to assist you and will pinpoint your location so help can reach you."
Step 2: Call to Complete Set Up
- To register your personal mobile responder with your response team, GPS3G will say: "It's time to meet your response team. Please press and hold the Call Button down to connect to your response team now."
- With GPS3G in the Charger, press and hold the Call Button until GPS3G initiates the call. GPS3G can remain in the Charger during the call to your response team.
- Listen for the audio message: "Calling your response team now."
- When you complete the call with your response team, GPS3G will be set up.
Important: GPS3G is not ready for use until you have completed the set up call with your response team and, following that call, have charged GPS3G in the Charger for 4 hours.
Note: If GPS3G does not power on and begin the activation process or cannot detect a cellular network, call your response team at 1-888-649-2030 or 1-800-561-LIFE.